1. Designing Automata Kit. The classic CMT kit – No glue or tools are required, and you will learn about simple mechanics using cams and a crank slider mechanism. Many different designs can be made, and the kit used over and over again.
It is suitable for either left or right handed use, and takes the frustration out of designing automata by allowing very quick assembly and testing without the use of tools. It is a valuable teaching aid, and ideal for those wishing to experiment with some basic mechanisms. Kit includes a DVD showing you how to put it together, (and our small Barecat has some fun along the way!)
We have enjoyed using this kit around the world at workshops and exhibitions. Produced in Thailand using chemical-free rubber wood, from sustainable sources.
2. A range of materials to help you create your own designs.
(5 pieces of foam material, 4 straws, feathers, wire). Colours will vary.
3. The Interactive CD-Rom. An interactive version of the Designing Automata Kit – hours of fun.
4. How to Make Automata DVD (NTSC or PAL) Understanding mechanisms with Keith Newstead
5. Cabaret Mechanical Movement – Our book, republished many times since 1998. Covers all the basic mechanisms with specific reference to CMT automata.
£79.50 (excl. VAT)