These 3 venues have CMT exhibits on show all year round. Choose a link below for opening times and more information.
- American Visionary Arts Museum – Baltimore – USA
- Discovery World – Wisconsin – USA
- Automata Museum – Heyri Art Village – South Korea
Tim Hunkin’s latest arcade of slot machines, including some old favourites from CMT’s Covent Garden days – The Frisker, Test Your Nerve and The Chiropodist – opened in 2015. Novelty Automation is a mix of humour and engineering. It’s a new home for Tim Hunkin’s arcade machines, with some guest machines made by kindred spirits.
Novelty Automation is at 1a Princeton Street, London WC1R 4AX and more of Tim’s machines can be seen in his first arcade on Southwold Pier.
If you happen to be sailing around the coast of the UK in the next six weeks, you might want to book a mooring at Whitehaven harbour. Our touring exhibition, The Mechanicals, has arrived at The Beacon Museum and will be entertaining visitors of all ages from Saturday 25th March.
Cumbria CA28 7LY
Phone: 01946 592302
Opening times: Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 4:30pm & Bank Holiday Mondays (last admission 3:45pm).
Admission Charges apply. Closes 30th April 2017.
A Curious Turn: Moving Mechanical Sculpture
A Crafts Council Exhibition
The eagerly anticipated tour of the Crafts Council’s exhibition, A Curious Turn, begins in full at Wolverhampton Art Gallery, (a smaller version of the show premiered at the Platform Gallery in Habitat, King’s Road, London).
Exhibition Dates: 18th Feb 2017 to 21st May 2017.
The show will then tour the UK:
- 8th Jul – 2nd Sep 2017, Gallery Oldham
- 15 Sep – 19 Nov 2017, Derby Museum and Art Gallery
- 1 Dec 2017 – 1 Mar 2018, Inverness Museum and Art Gallery
- 10 Mar – 20 May 2018, Thelma Hulbert Gallery, Devon
- 26 May – 19 Aug 2018, Heath Robinson Museum, Pinner